Our events use the uniting power of food, to bridge the gaps between Bristol’s 91 language communities, in order to build a more united and sustainable city.
We know that the choices we make about how we eat have a direct impact on our quality of life and our environment. 91 Ways will allow people to share their stories, personal food journeys, recipes, and passions, to build understanding between communities. We want to help people make better decisions about their food and well-being to improve the health and sustainability of our city.
91 Ways is a new initiative supported by a diverse group of individuals and organisations including the Bristol Initiative Charitable Trust. Our aim is to engage everyone across Bristol to build a better, more united, sustainable city.
To Celebrate Bristol’s 91 language communities, to dramatically change the way we all live and to build a more global city.
- To use the convening power of food to bring communities together to break down barriers and make genuine connections
- To encourage people to share their stories and build common ground
- Reach out to people that are isolated and disenfranchised and build strong cohesion within these groups and to others
- To engage people in a discussion about their health and well-being; and
- To support interventions to affect positive and sustained changes in their lifestyles.
- To create a channel for business and civic leaders to connect with communities
We do this by ..
- Hosting supper clubs
- Creating food sharing events for people to meet within their communities to build stronger communities and we hold inter-community events to build understanding between people of different backgrounds
- We deliver supportive, empowering, inclusive and celebratory programmes for all generations
- Encourage dialogue online and offline
- Reach out to people that are isolated and disenfranchised
- Use local, successful agencies to deliver services to individuals and communities
- Challenge behaviour and entrenched stereotypes