Our events use the uniting power of food, to bridge the gaps between Bristol’s 91 language communities, in order to build a more united and sustainable city.
We know that the choices we make about how we eat have a direct impact on our quality of life and our environment. 91 Ways will allow people to share their stories, personal food journeys, recipes, and passions, to build understanding between communities. We want to help people make better decisions about their food and well-being to improve the health and sustainability of our city.
91 Ways is a new initiative supported by a diverse group of individuals and organisations including the Bristol Initiative Charitable Trust. Our aim is to engage everyone across Bristol to build a better, more united, sustainable city.
91 Ways will:
- Inspire people to lead more sustainable lives using the power of food to encourage dialogue, shared learning, education and action
- Reach across the city into communities and bring people together through events, forums and social media
- Create a modern social history of Bristol through food and be instrumental in encouraging a sustainable way of living across the whole city
- Help us all to have a better understanding of how Bristol’s communities live; their behaviour, their food journeys and how they engage with our city
- Raise the profile of Bristol and its diverse communities
SUPPORT CHARLI – WALKING 300 MILES FOR A UNITED CITY
Why not support Charli? Charli is taking 680,000 steps towards a Global City. Driven by her desire to see the city of Bristol Unite and break down the barriers that stop us from getting to know each other Charli will be walking the Camino de Santiago in the north of Spain. No small feat the Camino de Santiago will be 300 miles walk, both physically challenging and a test of mental tenacity Charlie will be taking this walk alone in support of 91 Ways. Help her build a Bristol more united, support her in her endeavour here. #Steps4aGlobalCity