Our events use the uniting power of food, to bridge the gaps between Bristol’s 91 language communities, in order to build a more united and sustainable city.
We know that the choices we make about how we eat have a direct impact on our quality of life and our environment. 91 Ways will allow people to share their stories, personal food journeys, recipes, and passions, to build understanding between communities. We want to help people make better decisions about their food and well-being to improve the health and sustainability of our city.
91 Ways is a new initiative supported by a diverse group of individuals and organisations including the Bristol Initiative Charitable Trust. Our aim is to engage everyone across Bristol to build a better, more united, sustainable city.
To Celebrate Bristol’s 91 language communities, to dramatically change the way we all live and to build a more global city.
- To use the convening power of food to bring communities together to break down barriers and make genuine connections
- To encourage people to share their stories and build common ground
- Reach out to people that are isolated and disenfranchised and build strong cohesion within these groups and to others
- To engage people in a discussion about their health and well-being; and
- To support interventions to affect positive and sustained changes in their lifestyles.
- To create a channel for business and civic leaders to connect with communities
We do this by ..
- Hosting supper clubs
- Creating food sharing events for people to meet within their communities to build stronger communities and we hold inter-community events to build understanding between people of different backgrounds
- We deliver supportive, empowering, inclusive and celebratory programmes for all generations
- Encourage dialogue online and offline
- Reach out to people that are isolated and disenfranchised
- Use local, successful agencies to deliver services to individuals and communities
- Challenge behaviour and entrenched stereotypes
CHARLI – WALKING 300 MILES FOR A UNITED CITY
Charli completed 680,000 steps towards a Global City. Driven by her desire to see the city of Bristol Unite and break down the barriers that stop us from getting to know each other Charli walked the Camino de Santiago in the north of Spain. No small feat the Camino de Santiago is a 300 mile walk, both physically challenging and a test of mental tenacity. Charlie will took this walk alone in support of 91 Ways.